Chuck E. Cheese's kicks off autism awareness campaign
Chuck E. Cheese's participated in Autism Speaks' Light It Up Blue global campaign this week, kicks off April, Autism Awareness Month.
According to a news release, Light It Up Blue is a global initiative that kicks off Autism Awareness Month and helps raise awareness about the various complex disorders of brain development.
"We're excited to show our support for the autism community and the Light It Up Blue campaign in addition to our continued support for autism awareness," Michelle Chism, director of corporate communications, said in the release. "We've received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback from families who've said their kids with autism love Chuck E. and our gluten-free menu because it gives them alternative options that support their child's special needs."
Chuck E. Cheese's is encouraging corporate employees to wear blue on Fridays throughout the month of April. Additionally, Chuck E. Cheese's will post educational content about autism as well as ways to get involved with the autism community to its social platforms using the #LIUB hashtag showing further support.
Chuck E. Cheese's also created a coloring sheet that can be downloaded and printed from its website, and is encouraging fans to donate to Autism Speaks and participate in the Light It Up Blue campaign throughout April.
The company suggests the following ways to show support for the cause:
- Light your home or work place up blue by buying blue light bulbs.
- Host a blue-themed fundraiser party for your church, school or housing association.
- Encourage family and friends to wear blue.
- Have a blue bake sale or ask a local bakery to sell blue baked goods to raise funds.
- Utilize social media platforms and e-blasts to spread the word about your participation.