Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show set for September
The 42nd Annual Florida Restaurant & Lodging Show is set for Sept. 22-24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., and will feature the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum, the Food Trends Experience and other special events and exhibitors.
The lineup includes:
- Food Trends Experience: Providing direct access to product, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market, such as healthy, organic, sustainable and ethnic.
- Bacon Celebration - Sponsored by Smithfield: Bacon is in demand, and chefs are finding creative new ways to utilize this product in every course, from breakfast to dessert. Foodservice professionals will be able to discover various ways to use bacon in the All-New Bacon Demonstration Theater.
- Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum:Sample the new education menu at the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum, which educational content that is practical and relevant for today's foodservice professional. This forum features industry experts and includes ServSafe Food Protection Manager's Review Class and Examination; Allertrain: Fast Track to Profits Education Symposium - and The Foodservice Council for Women.
- The 2013 American Culinary Federation Culinary Arts Competition: Chefs will compete in the R.L. Schreiber Apprentice/Jr. Member Florida State Championship Team Skills Competition, Taste of Elegance Pork Signature Recipe Competition, the USA Culinary Cup Team Competition, and the Pastry Challenge.
- Multi Unit Operator Alliance (MUOA): There will be a session, led by Jim Sullivan, CEO of Sullivision.com, which will focus on the nine best practices of high-performing foodservice owners, operators and franchisees around the globe.
- Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association Events:The FRLA will host a series of events including The BIG Party, where hospitality VIPs gather and network, and the NRA/FRLA Bob Leonard Golf Classic.
There will also be hundreds of exhibitors showcasing new products and services. For more information, visit flrestaurantandlodgingshow.com.
Read more about restaurant trends.