Podcast: The Shift Toward Youtility Marketing
If you're like me, you spend a lot of time glued to your smart phone.
And chances are, you probably have your very favorite apps organized neatly on your home screen — you know, those must have apps that you use everyday, over and over again? What you may not know is that it's the apps that we use habitually that can have immense power when it comes to enhancing your chain's experience, even at the local level. In episode #004 of The Social Restaurant Podcast, I'm delighted to be joined by a friend who's just done some of the best work of his career. Jay Baer is the author of the New York Times best selling book; Youtility: Why Smart Marketing is About Help not Hype. During the interview, Jay and I dig into key concepts from Youtility.
- Jay defines Youtility and explains why this new mindset of marketing is something that restaurant brands simply can't ignore.
- Jay shares big brand examples from Charmin and Columbia Sportswear on how they are applying concepts of creating Youtility in their marketing efforts.
- Jay discusses the concept of "Friend of Mine" awareness and how this plays out on social networks like Facebook.
- We discuss how restaurant brands can work to in-source Youtility, and design the teams, departments and processes that will allow them to surface their best marketing ideas.
- We end with a 'what if' brainstorm session where Jay shares some some FREE ideas that he's just waiting for someone to steal and apply in their restaurants.
Seriously, listening to this short 16:30 episode will be the most educational thing you do all week. Click play in the player below to listen to Social Restaurant Episode #004.
Nate Riggs Nate Riggs is the president of NR Media Group, a firm specialized in content marketing and new media programs for mid-sized and large companies that have included Bob Evans Restaurants, Donatos Pizza, and many others. He also produces the Social Restaurant Podcast and This Week in Restaurant Technologies. www