Taking the ambiguity out of local marketing strategies
For a franchisee, local store marketing can be an important but somewhat ambiguous focal point. According to localvox.com, a majority of marketing executives at franchise firms believe marketing is critical for the franchise's success, but 64 percent of franchisees are disappointed with the support they receive from franchisors. Our guest this week will shed some light on the importance of local store marketing for restaurants and how franchisors can work with franchisees to create successful marketing strategies.
In episode #053 of the Social Restaurant Podcast, I welcome Stephanie Krause, Vice President of Marketing at HuHot Mongolian Grill which has over 50 locations across 19 states. HuHot has been ranked among the top 500 franchises by Entrepreneur the last three years and was included in Inc.'s 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies. Stephanie has an impressive background in restaurant marketing and has helped create strategies for both Panera and Quiznos. She has helped HuHot double in size and is a guru in assisting single-unit owners with implementing local marketing strategies. Go ahead, turn up the speakers, click play and listen to episode #053 of the Social Restaurant Podcast!
What you'll learn during the interview
- How to maintain average unit volume and manage economies of scale during periods of growth
- Strategies HuHot uses to analyze potential markets
- How HuHot enables franchisees to weigh in on marketing decisions
- Insight into the challenges of blending corporate standards with local store marketing techniques
- Tips for approaching the marketing budget conversation and how much should be allocated for local store marketing
Nate Riggs Nate Riggs is the president of NR Media Group, a firm specialized in content marketing and new media programs for mid-sized and large companies that have included Bob Evans Restaurants, Donatos Pizza, and many others. He also produces the Social Restaurant Podcast and This Week in Restaurant Technologies. www