Kotipizza's record-breaking July hits $12.7M in sales
Kotipizza can do no wrong lately, and that luck held out for the brand in July when it broke a personal best sales record, hitting total monthly sales of 11.1 million euros ($12.7 million) last month, a record in that it exceeded the 11 million euro market for the first time in the brand's history. That number was also 11.6 percent over last year's total July sales of 9.9 million euros, a news release said.
The European chain, part of Kotipizza Group Oyj, also experienced a 6.5 percent increases in same-store sales from 250 restaurants in July. Other key financials results from the month include:
- 12.7 percent increase in brick-and-mortar restaurant sales.
- 7.6 percent increase in shop-in-shop location sales.
- 67.4 percent growth in online store/home delivery sales (part of brick-and-mortar).
- 15.8 percent increases in FY 2018 cumulative chain sales (Feb. 1 to July 31).
- July marks 40 consecutive months of sales growth.
The group also operates the Chalupa, Social Burgerjoint and No Pizza brands, which had the following results in July:
- Chalupa sales grew 28.1 percent over the previous year's month to 181,000 euros.
- Chalupa same-store sales declined 12.8 percent.
- Social Burgerjoint sales grew 183.9 percent over the previous year's month to 235,000 euros.
- Social Burgerjoint same-store sales grew 6.2 percent, based on figures from just one restaurant.
No Pizza actually opened its first location in Helsinki at the end of June but reported 50,000 euros in sales in July. As for store counts, Kotipizza has about eight more locations this year to a total of 275, over the 267 it had last July, with all the growth happening in brick-and-mortar locations.
Chalupa now has 13 restaurants, five more than last July, while Social Burgerjoint has two locations compared to just one last July.