Pizza Hut turns 60, celebrates milestones with LTO
To celebrate its 60th birthday, Pizza Hut has introduced an LTO called the Double Cheesy Crust Pan pizza — in honor of its stuffed crust and original pan pizzas — by baking a ring of cheese just inside the brand's pan crust. That addition is supplemented with a layer of toasted parmesan baked on the crust edge, with a topping of Parmesan and oregano.
The brand has also released a list of fun facts from its history. For instance, Pizza Hut:
- Performed history's "longest" pizza delivery via rocket to the International Space Station.
- Performed the "highest" pizza delivery to Mount Kilimanjaro's summit.
- Was the first pizza delivered to the White House.
- Was the first "physical good" purchased via the internet.
- Has appeared in 19 movies.
Earlier this year, Pizza Hut also introduced Bluetooth-enabled sneakers that can order pizza and pause TV via push-button and recently launched voice-command ordering and the first pizza tracker that included text messaging.
The Yum Brands subsidiary has more than 16,700 restaurants in more than 100 countries.