Pizza Pizza launches Android app
Canada's Pizza Pizza has launched its first app for Android devices. The Android app includes the same features that are available on the Pizza Pizza iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch apps. The company earned a Webby Award for its iPhone app when it was launched in 2011.
"Launching new and better apps has quickly become an important part of our service menu for Canadians," said Paul Goddard, president and CEO at Pizza Pizza Limited. "Our appetite for apps is strong because, on the one hand, customers want it and, on the other hand, they appreciate choice and options in everything we do. When we listen to customers and increase their options, things seem to always go well."
In 2012, 30 percent of orders to Pizza Pizza came through its website. Today, more than 36 percent of orders come through one of the company's mobile or web-based platforms.
Pizza Pizza Android app features include:
- An interactive "pizza builder" that shows pizza creations as toppings and sauces are added;
- A "Scratch and Win" game at the end of the ordering process that rewards users with a chance to uncover three identical symbols and win free menu items on their next order;
- The Pizza Pizza menu;
- A variety of payment options; at your door or through the app;
- "Favourite order" feature that allows one-click ordering (save up to five orders);
- View last five orders (automatically saved and repeat with a click);
- A countdown timer that tracks the time guarantee on the order;
- Ability to save multiple addresses to your profile (work, home, cottage, etc.)
- Search for nearby Pizza Pizza restaurants with intuitive map application;
- Coupon scanner;
- App-only specials;
- University students can use meal cards as a payment option.
Read more about mobile initiatives.