Restaurant review app Humm goes live
Humm, an Austin, Texas-based startup, has unveiled its patent-pending technology and analytics platform designed for restaurant feedback.
Powered by an Android tablet, the Humm application enables customers to voice their opinions about a restaurant prior to leaving the establishment. The feedback is captured and instantly uploaded to Humm's Insights Portal, a proprietary cloud-based software that business owners and managers can directly access to view actionable insights from raw customer data in real-time, according to a company news release.
Additional key features offered via the Humm portal include:
- Instant alerts: Receive real-time updates via SMS and email
- Natural language sentiment analysis: Humm's proprietary tool analyzes free-form comments, making sense of a customer's experience in ways that cannot be achieved through surveys
- Performance tracking: Humm tracks and ranks the performance for each of a businesses' locations and its employees based on guest perception and experience
- Anytime reporting: Creating and sharing reports of detailed customer data
- Aggregated data: Humm scans public-facing user review sites like Yelp, OpenTable, and TripAdvisor, providing a single destination to monitor online reputation and fraudulent reviews
"The service industry is facing the most empowered customers the world has ever seen," said Bernard Briggs, Humm founder and CEO. "Given the state of the industry, developing tools to engage with these customers at the right time and in the right way is paramount to their survival, and it's what Humm is maniacally focused on providing."
Read more about customer experience.