Give up coffee for a year? Yes, said 33 percent, for a year's free pizza
California Pizza Kitchen commissioned a national Harris Poll asking nearly 2,300 Americans that eternal question:
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Do you give up? Well, this is Pizza Marketplace, so you might have guessed that the No. 1 choice was ... pizza. In fact, 20 percent of those surveyed named the ubiquitous pie as their choice for life eternally.
But now, the real eye-opener in this poll: What would you give up for a year for a year's free pizza? Without further ado, here are responses:
- Taxi/ride sharing services (54 percent)
- Bacon (36 percent)
- Coffee (33 percent)
- Social media (31 percent).
Clearly, with daily caffeine and social media on that top the list, dedication is the American pizza lover's middle name. But those results were no surprise to California Pizza Kitchen Executive Chairman and CEO G.J. Hart, who simply stated in the news release, "It's wonderful to confirm officially what we've always known: How much Americans really love and adore pizza!”
Here are some other fun findings from the chain's pizza survey:
- Monthly average spend on pizza: $47.50.
- No. 1 celebrity choice to share a slice with: Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
- 54 percent want pizza to watch sports with.
- 69 percent want pizza for their Friday night with friends.
- 26 percent want pizza to celebrate an accomplishment.
- 23 percent want a pie for date night (33 percent for millennials).
California Pizza Kitchen also said as part of its survey in honor of National Pizza Month that it's bringing back its shrimp scampi pizza and adding a new Piadina folded pizza-style sandwich to its menu. Sandwich choices include ancho Chile short rib piadina and the smashed chicken meatball piadina.
The chain is also giving away one prize of free pizza for a year per day through the month of October. Customers who share their favorite pizza memories with the chain can enter to win one of 31 prizes this month.