Domino's debuts American Legends specialty pizzas
Jan. 25, 2009
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Just in time for Super Bowl Sunday, Domino's Pizza has launched Domino's American Legends, a line of six specialty pizzas featuring 40 percent more cheese than a regular pizza, cheesy crusts and combinations of premium toppings.
Domino's American Legends are available at all continental U.S. stores starting this week, and the company plans to launch a multi-media campaign beginning Feb. 9 from creative agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky, with promotional support from America's dairy farmers in cooperation with the trade group Dairy Management Inc.
Domino's American Legends pizzas are available in six varieties at $12.99 for a large or $10.99 for a medium:
- Honolulu Hawaiian - Sliced ham, smoked bacon, juicy pineapple and roasted red peppers with provolone and mozzarella cheeses on a cheesy parmesan crust. Customers can make this pizza "fiery" by adding Tabasco brand Pepper Sauce and jalapenos.
- Cali Chicken Bacon Ranch - Chicken breast, white sauce, smoked bacon, tomatoes and parsley with provolone cheese and mozzarella cheeses on a cheesy provolone crust.
- Pacific Veggie - Roasted red peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and black olives, with feta, mozzarella and provolone cheeses on a cheesy parmesan crust.
- Memphis BBQ Chicken - Chicken breast, barbecue sauce, onions and parsley with provolone, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses on a cheesy cheddar crust.
- Buffalo Chicken - Chicken breast, Buffalo hot sauce, onions and parsley with provolone and American chesses on a cheesy cheddar crust.
- Philly Cheese Steak - Steak, onions, green peppers and mushrooms with provolone and American cheeses on a cheesy provolone crust.
Domino's expects to deliver more than 1.1 million pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday, a 44 percent increase over a typical Sunday.