or wait 15 seconds
or wait 15 seconds
Pizza Marketplace has some great authors among its bloggers, and that fact was made clear in the Top 10 list of most-read blogs in 2018, which indicated a strong reader interest in all things related to delivery. The year's Top 3 blogs, in fact, centered around how to improve delivery operations.
The most popular blog of the year was written by restaurateur and Intellicasting founder, Brian Schaaf. His Valentine's Day article discussed how pizza brands could become federally compliant when it comes to pizza delivery driver pay.
Editor Shelly Whitehead penned The No. 2 blog, which focused on crimes inflicted on drivers. The Sept. 7 blog looked into the issue through the eyes of the law in interviews with two attorneys specializing in business liability and employment law
The No. 3 most-read blog of the year also touched on delivery as one of three ways restaurant operations are changing.
The remaining seven stories rounding out our Top 10 blogs of the year touched on a variety of subjects, including female leadership, Papa John's fall from grace and the power of social media.
4. Refining the recipe: Leading a pizza legacy brand into its best future, by Mr. Gatti's President Michael Poates on Sept.
5. The power a social media policy plugs into your brand, by Par Technology's Kelly Jensen on May 23.
6. Food allergen programs deliver deeply dedicated diners by MenuTrinfo CEO Betsy Craig on June 27.
7. Lessons learned about restaurant delivery from another kind of 'delivery experience' by Olo founder and CEO Noah Glass on March 28.
8. Pizza leadership: 4 lessons for women working in a mostly male industry by Hunt Brothers Pizza District Manager Jennifer Losh on Sept. 26.
9. Papa John's bitter battle over the brand intensifies with leadership's statement by Pizza Marketplace Editor S.A. Whitehead on Aug. 30.
10. Pizza delivery brands: Prepare now for possible DOL delivery pay audit later by Brian Schaaf on Feb. 21.
Topics: Business Strategy and Profitability, Catering, Delivery, Food & Beverage, Food Safety, Franchising & Growth, Insurance / Risk Management, Marketing / Branding / Promotion, Online / Mobile / Social, Online Ordering, Staffing & Training, Systems / Technology
Award-winning veteran print and broadcast journalist, Shelly Whitehead, has spent most of the last 30 years reporting for TV and newspapers, including the former Kentucky and Cincinnati Post and a number of network news affiliates nationally. She brings her cumulative experience as a multimedia storyteller and video producer to the web-based pages of Pizzamarketplace.com and QSRweb.com after a lifelong “love affair” with reporting the stories behind the businesses that make our world go ‘round. Ms. Whitehead is driven to find and share news of the many professional passions people take to work with them every day in the pizza and quick-service restaurant industry. She is particularly interested in the growing role of sustainable agriculture and nutrition in food service worldwide and is always ready to move on great story ideas and news tips.